an "up"
It was Erica, I think, who posted a few months ago on graduate school "ups" that one must hang on to during tough periods later on. I had one today. The director of undergraduate studies wrote me an e-mail about my SRTEs from the summer class I taught (numerical ratings of my teaching, knowledge of the material, making clear goals, emphasizing learning and not memorization, etc), which he had just received. He said, "These are outstanding scores, up there with the very best of our experienced faculty. Congratulations on a fabulous job!" :-O I was pretty floored. I thought I did a good job, but I never dreamed I would be rated way up there! It is nice to know that all the work I put into it came across to students. I'll definitely save this one to look at on rainy days! :-)

3 Comments:
My baby is such a good teacher!
Cool! What a nice compliment from the director! =) Ups are the best.
Yay, I'm glad the students appreciated all your hard work. You should get copies of the official scores or whatever and put them on your wall so you can look at them whenever you're not feeling so "up".
I got a nice up of my own today. I was talking with one of our interns about tomorrow being my last day, and she said "Man, those girls are really going to miss you. You are so good with them, and it's so obvious that they all like and respect you. It's really sad that TCH didn't appear to value you more." Aww. I might actually shed some tears tomorrow.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home