a good day
Yesterday was not so good--a lot of teaching stress. Today was good. I gave their 2nd quiz, and my students said it was very fair and clear. I was relieved to hear that. I never thought I'd have test anxiety from the instructor point of view! :-) It really is a balance to write a quiz that isn't easy (but has a mix of difficulty) but is also fair.
The great thing about today was that I felt like I made a difference! One of my students, a rising sophomore, told me that her major had been undeclared so far. She said that she finds the class so interesting so far that she declared it as psychology. Also, she is interested in development, so she asked if I could meet sometime to talk about careers, research experience, internships, etc. That made my day to know that I've been influential! I feel like she's me 6 years ago and I'm Dr. P. I love giving back to karma like this! :-)

1 Comments:
Aw, yay! I love those moments when you feel you've touched a "kid". It makes you feel all ooey gooey inside. Hurray for you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home