Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

wedding stuff!

Yes I am alive. I've just been sooo busy with my class! It's almost over though--a few more lectures, a cumulative review, 1 quiz and a final exam. I can see the end! It has been really great but I will be glad to have it finished.

Steve & I did some wedding planning this weekend! We had a meeting with the banquet manager at The Gamble Mill and would really like to have it there. Right now we're trying to get them to come down in price for the lunch that we want. They only have dinner prices for large groups, but we think we're pretty justified in asking for a lunch price, for uninteresting reasons I won't go into here. THIS is the room where we would have it, and it is so pretty. There is already artwork on the walls, beautiful stone and wood, lights strung everywhere, and all we would need to provide are flowers for the tables. Steve & I really like it! Plus, it is a special place for us because we always go there for special occasions (e.g., holidays, birthdays, graduate school milestones).

As for the church, we are pretty certain that we'll have it at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. We aren't members, but we like the open, liberal views and their flexibility--they don't have an agenda for what you have to do to get married in their fellowship. They are very open to letting individuals define their spiritual mission, wedding ceremony, and the like. Also, the sanctuary is beautiful and simple--hardwood floors, lots of windows and light, and one whole wall is sliding glass doors with a view of a mountain. I'm going over there tomorrow, so I'll be sure to take pictures of it!

Horray for concrete plans beginning to emerge! :-D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,
The room looks really nice and cozy. And you're right, all it needs is flowers!!!
The link to the Gamble Mill just came up with a bunch of gambling places. Try it again.
And what is the date of the wedding? I think Nicole told me but I forgot.
Have fun with the photographer and getting a cake!!!
BArb

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home