Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

my "dependable" car needs Depends

My car peed on me today! I drove back to State College from Philadelphia this morning and had the air conditioning on the whole way cause it was hot. After about 45 minutes, I felt little droplets of water on my toes, and then when I went around a curve more cold water dumped onto my foot! It happened several more times throughout the trip. Luckily I was wearing flip-flops! This has happened before, it happened during the summer of 2003...oddly enough, around July 4th also. The drain for the condensation from the air conditioning gets clogged with leaves, pollen, oil, and other crap, so the water builds up and dumps out into the floorboard. I have an oil change appointment on Friday, so it's no big deal, but it just cracks me up.

It feels funny to say this, but it was oddly refreshing, the unexpected gush of cool water on my foot on a hot day. Does that make me some sort of car fetish person, like I am enjoying the car version of golden showers?? :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Ew.

1:48 AM  
Blogger erica said...

I had that problem in my Plymouth Acclaim (the Marriage Encounter car) and then again with my little blue Honda, because the hoses kept coming loose. Of course, with both of those cars, it was on the passenger side, so I didn't get weird mystery water all over me. =) It should be easy to fix, especially if it's happened before and you know what to tell them! Funny.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home