wedding dates booked!
Today is the 3 year anniversary of when Steve & I met. :-) The first thing he said to me was: "you must be the new roommate." (that is, Mary & Kosha's new roommate) It's a perfectly fine thing to say to someone, but it cracks me up because I didn't think that my future husband would say something so mundane. I guess the alternative ("oh my love, I have been waiting for you!") would have been even more odd though. :-)
I booked the church today! July 22, 2006 is the date. We'll send save the date cards in a few months, but if you're reading this, you have advanced notice! Here is a picture of the inside, the sanctuary where we'll get married.Here's a picture of the view you see from the sliding glass doors (there is a mountain beyond it but it was foggy today).


We also booked the reception site, the The Gamble Mill. We went there for lunch with Steve's parents a few weeks ago, and we're pretty happy with the decision. It is beautiful, and meaningful to us because it is our tradition to go there to celebrate special occasions (birthdays, holidays, graduate school milestones, etc). Plus, it hardly needs decorations--just some flowers on the table, a dance floor with speakers, etc and--instant wedding reception! :-) I am so excited.
Finally, here's the entrance to the Gamble Mill. The only bad thing in all of this is that I've recently been informed that my grandmother isn't happy about us having it up here. She asked my mom if she had "put me up to this." Argh. We have many reasons, none of which are outweighed by hers (not wanting to travel, being surprised at the non-traditionality of it). I think I just need to explain our reasons more, and explain that we did indeed think about her when planning. I just hope this doesn't blow up into a big hullabaloo (I already know that one of my uncles wasn't initially happy with the PA decision--he told me "you need to have it up here"), where people "side" with Mama and give me the guilts for having it here. In the end, it's OUR wedding (and our checkbooks), not to mention that this is more halfway for Steve's family & my family, that State College is a special place for us, and that WE want to be making the decisions directly (not from hundreds of miles away). I hope they keep that in mind.

3 Comments:
Man, leave it to family to be upset at something like that. It makes sense being that you want to be near when planning things. You can't satisfy everyone, and in the end, they should realize that it is YOUR wedding, and YOUR money. If your grandmother offered to pay for it all, then maybe you'd change your mind and have it in NC.. but since that isn't likely to happen, she'll have to get over it. Myeh. The church looks very pretty, as does the reception place. I can't wait to see it in person. =)
Purty. I'm excited already!
Ditto on Nicole's comments. I was going to say that stuff too. =) Your wedding is going to be amazing, and your family members should be nothing but thrilled for you, not constantly thinking about how it will affect them. Everybody gets to plan their own wedding and get out of the way when other people are planning theirs. That's my philosophy.
I will be out of school, writting my dissertation at that point but you better believe I will find a way home!!! Plus I love the PA bit it will cost me less to travel there than NC. As for upsetting family, this is YOUR Day, and it needs to be what works for you. I agree with Nicole the church does look beautiful and the reception hall as well. OH I'm soo happy for you and Steve!! ~Becca
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home