3 years :-)
Yesterday was mine & Steve's 3 year anniversary! We celebrated over the weekend....I made homemade peppermint patties (it has become a tradition for special occasions!) We also exchanged presents--he gave me beautiful pearl stud earrings that match the necklace he gave me for my birthday, and I gave him a framed picture of us being silly, the peppermint patties, and 5 soup bowls to complete the set of 3 he already had (he's a practical guy!). We also exchanged sweet anniversary cards (I *heart* cards), which I can add to my collection (I have a whole drawer of cards and notes--I look at them when I miss him during the week. :-) ) On Saturday night we made lasagna, which is what we made together on our 2nd date. And, we watched Death to Smoochy (with Ed Norton and my husband Jon Stewart), which is the movie we watched on our first date. I barely remembered it, and neither of us remembered the end, which is really funny to me. Three years ago, we actually did watch the whole thing--we didn't make out until it was over, LOL--but especially toward the end we were too preoccupied with snuggling to encode much. :-) It was great. Going on 4 years now! Though, I suppose this is the last year we will celebrate Sept 26--because after this the important date will be our wedding date!
Unrelated to the anniversary thing, but also a big part of the weekend was looking for plates to put on our registry. We had already registered at Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond, but this weekend we added Crate & Barrel, primarily because they have a casual china pattern we both liked & thought we can live with for years. Whew! It's Roulette, and we're both very happy we found something that works for both of us. Initially, we thought we wanted stonewear, but had trouble finding one we both liked, thought we wouldn't get bored of, and one that was priced reasonably enough so that we can justify getting a lot of place settings.

3 Comments:
Ooh! Ooh! Registering! That's really fun. =) I wasn't sure if you guys were going to register or ask for other presents, since you already sort of have your kitchen stuff. I like the dishes from Crate & Barrel, but I want to see them in person, since the concentric circles they speak of in the description are hard to see on the web. Did you know that there are six Lauren Myerses registered with BB&B, and four with Target? Crazy, dude. I like the martini glasses and wine goblets you guys picked from BB&B. =) And the Calphalon cookware is definitely the way to go... we got cheaper stuff, but it's already getting pretty worn after only a few years. It's such fun to see what people pick for their registries. It's like a little window into how people live. For instance, I didn't know you had a king-sized bed... hehehe. Fun, fun, fun.
Congrats on your three years, and have fun continuing to plan your wedding! I'm really excited for you guys, and I'm excited for me too, because I like weddings. =)
Registering is fun--it's like a big shopping spree. I found it stressful at times--making so many decisions at once, anticipating what we will need/want in 5+ years rather than just now, and finding things we both like (the occasional cost to having a groom who actually has opinions and isn't an automatron like the wedding industry expects him to be....arghhh). And about the king sized bed, we actually don't have one yet but we want to get one, either right after the wedding or wait a year until we're not in a 1 bedroom apt. :-) But, we're definitely getting one in the near future, so we figured we might as well be set with nice sheets waiting for its arrival! :-)
yay for us! Erica, you're right, the concentric circles don't show up very well in the picture, but they look very nice. We were both very glad to find them because we spent a lot of time at other stores and just weren't finding anything we really liked. We did register for kitchen stuff because we both have things, but most are hand-me-downs (for example, I think I have 2 matching plates in my apartment). Take care.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home