back
Well I'm back in Philly, after a miserable flight back. We flew way out of the way (Minneapolis to Atlanta to Philly) and were on a plane a few hours more than necessary. I was dehydrated and my eyes & nose were dry. The end of the first flight was bumpy, and Steve & I were both a little queasy. The seats were really packed in, so we had very little leg room. (I didn't even have space to put my water bottle in the pocket in front of my knees!)
I don't know if this is related to the plane yuckiness, but I had the weirdest, funniest dream…I dreamed that I was one of 10 bridesmaids for a wedding of someone who was getting married while acting/singing in an opera. It began at 11:30pm (the time I went to bed last night) and was on the Steven's Center stage in Winston-Salem! (I was an usher there during high school.) The opera was
Wagner's Lohengrin. (Actually, the Bridal Chorus from this opera is used in many weddings, AND it had just been mentioned in a book I was reading on the plane, so maybe that's where my sleepy brain got it from, LOL!) I don't remember who the bride was, but Erica, Nicole, Katherine and Amy were all bridesmaids with me. Oh, and on our way to the wedding/performance, we stopped at an X-rated shop to get scandalous gifts for the couple and were goofing around in the store, and my Uncle Mike (who is very conservative and Baptist) was horrified-he was our chauffeur, driving us around in a big church van. ROTFL! The other bridesmaids and I were told to wear white wedding-like dresses, for the original historical purpose of bridesmaids-to confuse evil spirits who would try to kidnap the bride. However, when we got backstage, we were told by the stage manager to change into pink velour loungewear though, and there were only 10 minutes until we had to be on stage for the wedding/performance! LOL! That was too funny and random!
In other news, our new couch should be delivered in the next few hours!!! :-D
I'll post more details about our Minnesota trip later…ta ta for now!

1 Comments:
Hey, I want to be in that wedding! The combination of pink velour and Wagner is a winner, I think. =)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home