38 degrees in mid-May?
Yes, that was the weather, folks, when we landed in lovely Minnesota on Thursday night. We knew that it was going to be chilly--weather.com had said there was a chance of rain and snow yesterday! :-O Even for MN, Steve assured me this is not normal. We've been hanging around chilling...met up with Steve's sister Jenny last night for a drink, went to Steve's favorite place to eat for lunch (Baja Sol Tortilla Grill, with a salsa bar and freshly made tortillas), shopped at Target, took a nap, etc. OH! And I went to a Caribou Coffee this afternoon. In college, Erica and I would sometimes go there when we met up in Charlotte, when I was on my way back to Furman, so I have fond memories of it. :-) I treated myself to a yummy caramel latte'!
For the rest of our time here (through Tues), we have graduation festivities with Jenny (who is graduating from the University of Minnesota just like her big brother did), a cook-out/open house with Steve's extended family Sun afternoon, visiting with Steve's friends from college Sun night, etc. Get this--Steve has an aunt who is a nun! I don't think I've ever met a nun before (growing up in the Bible Belt I had more opportunities to meet fanatical Baptists and evangelists than nuns, LOL). But, I will meet her on Sunday because she's coming to the cook-out. Apparently she is very progressive, liberal, always interested in intellectual pursuits, and is one of Steve's favorite extended family members. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:
Wow, your visit sounds great so far! Have fun meeting the nun aunt and all the other peeps. =) And scream really loud for Jenny at graduation! That's always fun at big graduations, where they don't have people like that silly guidance counselor at Mt. Tabor who always complained when people whooped and hollered. I think I heard her give that speech at graduation practice four years in a row. Anyway, enjoy the Upper Midwest!
And BTW, that's damn cold. It's 85 here during the day.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home