yes, we found a couch!
Horray! We finally bought a couch! The earliest delivery date they had was Wed May 18 :-P so we don't physically HAVE it yet, but it is bought. We had seen the same couch and liked it back in the fall, and that was still our favorite, so we walked in the store and had made the decision in under an hour. It is a stone color (greyish/khaki/white), microfiber, and more cushy than firm. We wanted a neutral color so that it could go with multiple decors. We know of a nice coffee table, end table and matching dining table at IKEA that is dark black wood, so it will go well with that. And, Steve has compromised to allow me to get 2 throw pillows to add some color. He hates throw pillows, because he says they just get in the way and he doesn't want to share the couch with freaking pillows! But, he's willing to compromise and allow TWO of them, so that we're not "living in the inside of a blender." Don't ask me how I came up with blender....it was just my way to describe blandness. :-)
Anyway, I am in favor of neutral color furniture because you can always add color and decorate around it, and be much more non-committal about it. For example, you can change the throw pillows, add a coffee table runner, add a throw rug, add a throw on the back of the couch (which Steve is very against and I may have to give up!), add flowers, pillar candles, paint the walls, hang a large painting or photos above the couch, etc etc etc. The options are endless! (until the money runs out...)
We also went to Pier One and spent the $30 gift card from 3 years ago that I found while packing. LOL! :-) It was from my CrisisLine boss, got buried in my desk, but it was still good for the full amount. We got a nice blue pottery vase and added fabric flowers (on Steve's suggestion, I was impressed that he was interested in decorating!)--red and white Gerbra daisys and red roses. They are sitting on the end table next to where the couch will go very soon!
I will be sure to take a picture and post it on webshots when we get everything set up and looking nice!

3 Comments:
Yay! Getting new furniture is so fun!
Cool! That sofa sounds really neat, and I totally agree with you about getting something neutral around which to decorate. Kudos on the Pier 1 gift card still working; I figured it would, but you know some stores (like the evil Wal-Mart) start deducting money gradually if you don't use the card. Wtf ever, the money has already been spent! It's not like it costs them anything for you to hold onto the gift card! Okay, enough. I'm so glad you guys are having fun decorating and making a nice space for yourselves on your summer vacation. =)
yeah Lauren and Steve!!! Your first together furniture.
And neutral is good. As you say, you can find all sorts of things to change the color scheme when you get sick of it.
Have a great 2 months together!!!
And tell Z congrats too. I'm glad he's going off to school
Barb
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home