Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It's in!

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! I'm currently doing a happy dance because I've just sent off my dissertation to be printed & delivered to my committee members tomorrow. The defense is next Wed 12/12. Although the standard is to have it to them 2 weeks ahead of time, everyone has told me that they always read it the day or two before anyway so it is fresh in their minds, and that a week was fine. No arguing from me there.

The final count: 82 pages of text, 53 pages of tables, figures and appendices. Including the title page, abstract table of contents, etc it is 143 pages. Because I have about 15 color pages per copy, and 4 copies to make, it will cost $50 to print it, though thankfully I have a bit of funding for materials left over. Whew! That is definitely the longest single thing I've ever written. The dissertations of others who have finished in my department are available online, so I downloaded some. They range from about 70 to 170 total pages, so I'm glad that I'm squarely in there.

I am SO GLAD to have that puppy off my plate for a week. Next items on the agenda for Wednesday: SLEEPING IN!! Holiday shopping! Getting my iPod examined at the Apple store! (it has been broken for over a month and I haven't had time to get my butt there) Horray for non-dissertating things for a day! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home