Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I've been tagged by E!

Four Jobs I Have Had:
  • working for a summer at the Winston-Salem NPR radio station (88.5 WFDD, baby!)
  • usher at the Stevens Center and NC School of the Arts (high school)
  • part-time staff at CrisisLine in Greenville, SC (3.5 yrs in college)
  • research assistant, teaching assistant, and teaching my own class in graduate school (those seem like one job to me because every semester I've had one of those jobs!)
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over Again:
  • Anne of Green Gables (with Megan Follows)
  • The first two seasons of Alias (ok, I'm being liberal with the definition of "movie" but I love it!)
  • Deconstructing Harry (with Woody Allen)
  • When Harry Met Sally (interesting, another Harry movie!)
Four Books I Could Read Over and Over:
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger
  • the later Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
  • The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
  • the APA Publication manual--HA HA! Well, not that I want to read it over and over again, but I'm sure I will. Such is my career...
Four Places I Have Lived:
  • Winston-Salem, NC
  • Greenville, SC
  • State College, PA
  • Philadelphia, PA (for May & June last year and enough weekends and long breaks to add to another few months!)
Four TV Shows I Watch: oh this one is easy :-)
  • Lost
  • Commander in Chief--I wish Gina Davis was our president :-(
  • 24
  • Desperate Housewives
Four Places I Have Been On Vacation:
  • New York, NY (in college with friends and also with Steve spring break 2003--when we said "I love you"! awwwww)
  • The FL Keys and Miami (with Steve New Years 2004)
  • San Francisco and surrounding area (with Steve spring of 2004)
  • Grand Canyon and other southwest locations in Utah & Arizona (with Steve August of 2004--that was our year o' travelin!)
Four Websites I visit Daily:
  • cnn.com and/or npr.org
  • webaccess.psu.edu (to check PSU mail when I'm not on my laptop, boring I know)
  • psfcu.org (my bank, yes another boring one)
  • currently...fedex.com to...dun dun dunnnn...track the iPod that Steve got me for an early Valentine's/birthday present!!! HORRAY!!!:-D
Four Favorite Foods:
  • pesto! on pasta, vegetables, bread, etc
  • ice cream of any sort, especially chocolate
  • chana masala
  • Steve salsa or the variation, Lauren salsa (Steve salsa with the addition of corn, black beans, onions, and double the garlic!)
Four Places I'd Like To Be Now:
  • in Philadelphia with my sweetie :-(
  • somewhere exotic and warm--Carribean, Hawaii, Belize, etc
  • on a fun trip somewhere to one of the places Steve & I want to visit--Australia, Europe, Alaska, etc
  • in bed, sleeping (soon!)
And adding my own...Four Things That Irritate Me:
  • kickboxing or other gym classes that cheat and use excessive jumping jacks, running in place, etc to get one's heart rate up, instead of doing more interesting, challenging combos of different moves (jabs, kicks, blocks, etc)
  • finding suprise meat in my food, especially after having specifically asked
  • being "layered"--my term for not having showered and having "layers" of sweat and daily grossness
  • stores that don't double $1 coupons
Four Bloggers I'm Tagging:
  • re-tagging Nicole!
  • re-tagging Katherine!
  • Steve--he doesn't have a blog, but he can post a giant long comment
  • Tucker

1 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

Yay! I wanted to tag Tucker too, but I ran out of tags. =)

You're getting an iPod to commemorate two things, just like I did! Mine was for graduation and Christmas. What color is it? Is it a new 5th generation video iPod? 30GB? You'll absolutely love it, no matter what kind it is. Go Steve!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home