Dr. Babe
Sorry to focus so much on the graduate school milestones lately, but I must brag on my sweetie...he is officially Dr. Steven Andrew Jax now! Or, as I have been calling him, Dr. Babe. :-) His dissertation signature page is signed by his committee members, all of the paperwork is in (I had the honor of going around campus to get the sigs and turning in the page, very exciting!), and the final thesis is submitted and approved by the Graduate School. After so much work, and especially after the stressful re-writing of his dissertation from multiple theoretical approaches, this is a big accomplishment and I am so happy for him!
Having the wonderful sense of humor that I love about him, last weekend he proudly wore the t-shirt that one of his friends from home got him, "Trust me, I'm a doctor." LOL.
(an excited side note.....plus, this means he will hopefully soon have the time, energy and money to get an engagement ring for moi! yay yay yay, after a year of talking about it inside and out, I am so excited...but I will try my best to patiently wait! I do have my own shopping for his engagement ring to distract me, though, thank goodness!)

4 Comments:
Yay, sko Steve! I can't wait to hear the news that you're officially engaged. (Even tho it means another one bites the dust and leaves me alone in the single world!! I am mature enough to be able to be excited for you!) I think it's fun that you're getting Steve a ring too, that's mucho 21st century, and eventually, I might steal your idea. I've always thought it's dumb that boys don't have anything to show they're taken until they're married. Whatever!!
Anyway.. I will SEE you in 3 weeks-ish! I'm so excited to putz around Philly! =) Hurrah for Southwest and their dirt cheap flights!
Dr. Steve! Way to go! I want one of those t-shirts when I get my pink hood. =) That's great that you got to go all around campus collecting signatures; I would have been sprinting and smiling like a goofball if I got to do something like that for Jack.
Hey, I didn't know you were getting Steve a ring too. That's awesome. And you don't have to plunk down the big bucks for one like he'll have to... hehehe. My friend Matt here at school got a ring from his wife when they got engaged, so now that he's married, he has one gold band on each of his ring fingers. =) They were the first people I'd ever heard of doing that, and I think it's a pretty cool idea. We will all breathlessly await news of your impending engagement!
Tell Steve congrats!!! I bet he's glad to have all that done with.
And I keep asking if you 2 are going to be engaged but Nicole keep saying she didn't think so. So Now I can be excited too!!!
Barb
YAY FOR DR. STEVE! That's so exciting. I know that he's been busting butt to get that accomplished! Tell him congrats from me and Don. =)
Just like everyone else, I'm anxiously awaiting the news that you guys are officially engaged! How exciting!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home