Is it really 2005?
I can't believe it is 2005! I have this shock every year, and shock over having the shock. I should expect it by now! It will take me a couple of months to begin writing 2005 instead of 2004, and then I'll turn 25 in March and have to adjust to that too!
Christmas was ok. Unpredictable, dramatic at times with my family in flux, but I got through it. I am still glad I went, because I think it meant alot to Z, Mom and Dad for me to be there and be supportive and loving. I also got through it without any of my family members being angry at me (for any long period of time, at least). I played mediator the entire time and it was exhausting. But, it's over (sort of) and I'm back in PA (for now). I'm going back to NC for just 24 hrs Thurs night-Fri night (thank goodness for cheap Southwest flights!) to testify in divorce court Fri morning. Great. But, it's something I feel like I need to do, give my perspective and the judge can make whatever decision he/she sees as appropriate. I would always wonder "what if" if I didn't go down there for the hearing. I'm sure it will be tough though, and I'm considering bringing a book to sit outside until I need to come in. If they will let me, that is. We shall see.
For now, I'm just enjoying being back in Philly to our normal life. Steve is going to work during the day, and on Mon and Tues both I woke up to tell him goodbye and have a good day, then went back to sleep until 11:45am. Whew! I must need it. Other than the brief stint back to NC later this week, I'll be here until Mon morning and then I'm heading back to State College. It will be sad not to be with Steve for a long period of time after that. :-( We had Thanksgiving together, then 11 days before I went to NC on Dec 21, then we were apart for a week and 2 days over Christmas, and now another 11 days total together until the PSU semester starts again. I am INCREDIBLY envious of couples who get to live together, who have jobs flexible enough to move together, who get to be together every day, who don't have such a long stretch of time apart ahead of them (e.g. long distance relationship of a year or two). But, then again, I'm also glad that we are a driveable distance away and have gotten to see each other every weekend since he moved to Philly in August. Mixed blessings.
OK, I'm back to watching "24" on DVD. I have 4 more episodes of season 1 left and I am addicted! It is great! PLUS, the 2-hr premiere of season 4 of Alias comes on tomorrow night!!!! Yay yay yay! :-D

1 Comments:
Wow, I didn't know you were going to testify in divorce court. It can't be an easy thing to prepare to do, but I'm glad you're glad you're doing it. =) Good luck!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home