Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

"24"

Omigod. I just finished watching season 1 of "24" and it is awesome. Well, I was sad at the ending, but was pacified by the DVD alternate ending.

I have watched 8 episodes throughout the day today. At approx 40 minutes each episdoe, that's 320 minutes or 5.3 hours. Craziness! I just couldn't stop!

Case in point: at one particularly tense point in one of the episodes, I could feel my heart beating like it was trying to jump out of my chest. I took my pulse and counted how many beats in a 10 sec period (timed by the DVD timer). It was 25 beats in 10 seconds! That's 150 per minute! That's like exercising! There's a chart at the gym that says people in my age range should aim for 21-30 beats in a 10 second count. And this is what watching "24" did to me, 25 beats in 10 seconds! Isn't that insane??

LOL!

It's a good show. Watch it.

1 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

Yay, I'm so excited that you watched Season 1!!! Jack and I ADORED it... perhaps you remember reading that on my blog, and perhaps not. Anyway, you must watch Season 2 now. We haven't seen Season 3 yet, because it just came out, but Season 2 is awesome. And Kim, Jack Bauer's daughter, is much less annoying in Season 2. =) I remember our watching about 8 episodes in one day... it's impossible to stop once you get going!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home