Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Misc - plastic bag monster, crud and primaries

Last year Erica was kind enough to send me 2 Chico Bags and Steve & I love them. I just went to their website to look at other products and they have a hilarious YouTube clip up of a plastic bag monster "attacking" people in San Francisco - check it out!

In other news, I am recovering from some sort of crud - mild fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, headache, coughing etc. I think it is worse because it's combined with seasonal allergies. I felt it coming on Friday night and was pretty miserable, especially yesterday. I even canceled my class on Monday - I thought it would be embarrassing for the prof to be coughing up a lung during class. But (knock on wood) I think I'm on the mend.

Later today, I get to vote in the influential PA Primaries! After a lot of thinking, I think I'm going with Obama. I feel bad not supporting Hilary, and I would certainly be happy to vote for her if she gets the nomination, but I think Obama has a better chance in the general election.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Erica gave me a Chico bag also and I LOVE it!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yay Obama!

Today is the first day of early voting for the NC primaries, so I looked up locations and am headed there this week sometime. Maybe if I get outta court (for one of my kiddos) early enough tomorrow.. Oddly enough, one of my friends said he went to get an Obama yard sign, and the headquarters was all out! I think that's probably a good thing.. means people have them and are showing them. Or I spose it could mean they didn't send enough to W-S.. who knows.

He's speaking here tomorrow, and I'm so mad I have court & can't go. I think it'd be neat to be able to say I went to see/hear a presidential candidate!

Hope you get over your crud asap!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home