Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Vanderbilt offer!

:-O I got the Vandy offer! I just heard about an hour ago. Lynn & I had come to the conclusions that I wasn't going to get it - there were some on the panel who weren't convinced, but I sent some papers, conference submissions & my dissertation abstract a few days ago and my potential mentor there made another plea for my case, and it apparently worked.

So now what to do? Until this morning, Steve & I were pretty sure Philly was it. He has to decide on his job by tomorrow (Friday) so we have 24 hours. Dun dun dunnnn...

Oh, and my dissertation proposal with my committee is in 4 hours. This is crazy! But getting the offer this morning is a good confidence boost for my meeting!

2 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

Faboo! That's awesome, and further confirmation that you kick ass. I'm really excited for your possibilities. =) Keep us posted!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren. Congrats on the offer. Nothing like having to make snap decisions huh????
Well, what did you both decide?
Barb

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home