Audiobooks by Annie
I have found the best podcast. Steve & I sometimes read before going to sleep, and I have been so behind on my podcasts lately (I have 2.28 GB of podcasts!) that I sometimes listen to podcasts instead. Needless to say, falling asleep to NPR Most E-mailed Stories, Absolute Science or Vegetarian Food for Thought can be sort of heady. I wanted a story! A novel. I spend hours per day reading or writing on the computer, so although I looooove reading, I wanted a story that can be read to me. A bedtime story, basically. :-)
I found Audiobooks by Annie, a podcast in which she reads aloud books in the public domain. I downloaded the first couple of chapters of Anne of Green Gables and Pride and Prejudice. Unlike many podcasted books, these are *free*!! I have something old and comfortable (I loved Anne of Green Gables when I was younger, I was even Anne for Halloween when I was 10!) and something new (sadly, I have never read P & P, but I have always wanted to). I have only listened to Chapter 1 of both, and they are great so far. Annie has a great narrator voice, and I have really enjoyed them.
Of course, this does nothing to decrease the gigabytes of podcasts I have to listen to, but oh well. Post a comment to tell me your favorite podcasts!

1 Comments:
I am like you, I am way behind! I normally listen to podcasts when I mow the lawn... which I have not had to do since late November. I am looking at catching up and finding some new ones at the same time!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home