Lauren's thoughts

OCCUPATION: PhD student FAVORITES: being with my wonderful husband Steve, stand-up comedy, travel, Harry Potter, reading for enjoyment, music (eclectic: orchestral, jazz & blues, top 40, oldies), cooking vegetarian cuisine, spending time with friends, watching "my shows" (Grey's Anatomy, Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Sopranos) & shopping at Lerner NY & Co! DISLIKES: accidentally eating meat, hatred, intolerance, odd numbers, & dirty kitchens

Friday, June 16, 2006

all things wedding stress

I'm still here and alive. Wedding stress is increasing by the week though. To top it off, this is the conversation I had with the owner of our reception place yesterday...I call, and find out that the 2nd banquet manager we've worked with no longer works there. I actually said, "are you kidding me?!" and she sensed the anxiety and said they both had been there 15+ years but both happened to get great other job offers -- one is opening her own place. I am somewhat calmed by this, and tell her that we're having our wedding reception there "next month, in July" but the woman didn't hear me correctly. Unknown to me, she starts looking in NEXT JULY (2007) for our files, and asks me things like "and you had already put your deposit down? are you sure? I don't see it here." Then finally she mentioned something about 2007 and I corrected her, and she finds our info. AHHHHHH!!! I was really about to flip the F out for a few minutes there.

The place is beautiful -- here's the reception room -- we love it, and it is meaningful to us, but they've screwed up a few things. Like last July when they told us they were holding July 22 and 29th, since we were the first to inquire about those, and no we didn't need to put a deposit down -- they would call us if anyone else wanted either of those dates. Then we get a call from the SAME WOMAN WHO TOLD US THIS (the 1st banquet manager) saying that the 29th is no longer available, someone else has booked it. WTF?! I hope it all goes smoothly the day of. I'm sure they have "anxious bride, treat with caution!" written all over our file! :-) But really, can I help it, since they've messed up stuff before?!

Steve & I have done lots this week and are doing more this weekend -- going to the Gamble Mill to meet with them about set-up, etc; getting the big matte that we're using for our guest book (a big frame with a wide mat, and an 8x10 photo of us in the middle); pricing food at Wegmans for the pre-reception (to see how much this will be); finishing & sending out the invitations for the NC reception (to people who didn't get a wedding invitation), etc.

We are definitely to the point now that wedding planning has been fun and all, but enough is enough. Let's just have the party, get married, and be done with it. Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to our wedding and I think it will be great, but I just want to have a good time and stop planning! :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there you two!!!! Sometimes seems like what can go wrong will, but it all works out.
PLEASE dont' stress too much. I want you both to have a good time.
Or you can figure the really good time will be at the 2 hometown recetions where there is no stress compared to the wedding day.
I can remember wishing I'd had a simple wedding the first time.
When Dick and I got married it was at my parents' house by a justice of the peace. Very nice and informal and NO stress. But you will have a good time and remember it always. Even those bad things will be something you will always remember on "your" day.
I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer that all things go ok!!!!
Lots of love,
Barb

9:31 PM  
Blogger erica said...

I think just about everyone who plans a wedding gets to that point, where they're just ready for it to happen and be done with all the preparations! The nice thing is that once you've done all your careful planning-- and it sounds like you guys have done an awesome and thorough job!-- when you get to the big day, it just flows and you get to float through it. =) Have a good last month, let us know what we can do to help, and we'll be there very soon to help you celebrate your life together! Huzzah!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That's why you have such fabulous, capable attendants too.. should anything go wrong that weekend, we can handle it for ya. =) Or at least destress you. But, everything will be fine, you're on top of it as you can be. Hang in there.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home